Life members can vote and stand for elections to the Governing Body
– A doctor who is an MD/DM in Respiratory Medicine, from any University.
– A doctor who is an MD in General Medicine, but is attached to any hospital as a Pulmonary Physician.
– Diploma holders in Respiratory Medicine or DNB in respiratory Medicine
Associate members can neither vote nor stand for elections to the Governing Body.
– PG Students can become Associate members by submitting a certification from their Head of Department stating that they have been registered for an MD in Respiratory Medicine. Upon submission to the ICS, of their MD certificate, their membership will be converted to the Life Membership category.
– Any other physician holding an MD or diploma may also become an Associate Member of the Society.