Dear ICS Members,
As per the Constitution of the Indian Chest Society, the elections to fill the posts falling vacant in the governing body for the period 2022-23 is re-commencing. The members are hereby informed that the following posts of the Governing Body are falling vacant:
1. President for period (2022-23) – 1 Post
2. President-Elect (for the term for period 2022-2023) [Will automatically become President for the year 2023-2024] – 1 Post
3.Vice President (2022-2023) – 1 Post
4.Hon.Secreatry (2022-2025) -1 Post
5.Hon.Treasurer (2022-2025) -1 Post
6. Members for the Governing Body (for period 2022-2024) -3 Posts
7. Zonal Chairperson – North zone (for period 2022-2024 ) -1 Post
8. Zonal Chairperson – South zone (for period 2022-2024) – 1 Post
9. Zonal Chairperson – East zone (for period 2022-2024) – 1 Post
Nominations are therefore invited on the prescribed form (available on the ICS website*), from eligible Life members. The nomination form should be filled in and digitally signed by the contestants; duly proposed and seconded byLife members of the society. Separate forms must be filled if a member decides to file more than one nomination. The completed nomination forms should be submitted online before the stipulated deadline.
A contestant will be able to contest only for one post, and therefore has to withdraw from all except one valid nomination, before the stipulated time for withdrawal, failing which the contestant will be disqualified from contesting this election.
The start date for receiving nominations is 03rd September 2022.
The last date for submitting completed nomination forms is 15 Sept 2022 *Nomination form should be filed online by visiting our website www.myicsorg.net
The nomination fee is a non-refundable payment of Rs.5000/- (Rupees Five Thousand only) for each nomination. This could be paid online through ‘Payumoney’ link embedded in the nomination form available on Indian Chest Society website www.myicsorg.net.
The voting process will be electronic (e-voting). The portal will be open for voting from 20th. Sept (commencing at 10 AM) to 3rd October(concluding at 5pm)
ELIGIBILITY FOR CONTESTING FOR VARIOUS POSTS FALLING VACANT THIS YEAR IN THE GOVERNING BODY:
- Those desiring to contest for the posts of ‘President elect’ and President should have been elected member of the Governing Body for at least two tenures of office;
- Those contesting for the post of President Elect and President, should in addition have been awarded Fellowship of the Indian Chest Society(FICS).
- Those contesting for the post of ‘Vice-President’ should have been elected memberof the Governing Body for at least one tenure of office;
- Life members desiring to contest for the posts of Secretary, should have been elected members of theGoverning Body for at least two tenures of office;
- Life members desiring to contest for the posts of Treasurer, should have been elected members of theGoverning Body for at least two tenures of office;
- For all posts of the Governing Body, the contestants should have been members of the Society for at least five continuous years and should have attended at least 1 Annual General Body meeting in the preceding 3 Yrs;
- Those contesting for the post of ‘Zonal Chairperson’ should be domiciled in any of the states within the respective Zone throughout their tenure;
- Re-election to posts: No member shall be eligible to seek Election / Selection :
- as President Elect and as a President for more than one tenure of one year;
- as Vice-President for more than two tenures of one year each;
- as a Governing Body member for more than two tenures of two years each;
- as Zonal Chairperson for more than two tenures of two years each.
- A person who has held the post of the President will not be eligible to contest in any subsequent elections for posts in the Governing Body.
Important Points to Note:
- Only Life members enrolled till 30th June 2022 possessing proof of enrolment shall be eligible to vote. Associate members cannot vote.
- If you have not updated your essential information i.e. Email ID, Mobile number, and Current Address with postal code. Please do write to us on ‘email@example.com’ or call ‘0712-2429842’. This is essential to exercise your democratic right to participate in the ICS Elections 2022.
- Contestants, please take note of the ICS constitutional provision that:‘Contesting members should not hold a Governing Council post in National College of Chest Physicians-NCCP, during his tenure, to avoid conflict of interest. If anyone contesting is found to be in holding such a post, he/she shall be summarily disqualified.Governing Body members taking up office should provide an undertaking to this effect. If this information is known after they have been elected to office, they would be asked to step down and nominations would be called to fill their post in the following election, regardless of the duration of their tenure. In this matter, the decision of the Governing Body shall be final’.
- Please add the following Email ID firstname.lastname@example.org your contact list in order to receive User ID and Password in the primary inbox, without being filtered.
- The Election office is separate from the ICS Secretary’s office. For any election related queries, kindly contact the election officer at the email id below:
Election officer for ICS elections 2022: Dr D J Christopher
Important dates to remember:
Start date for receiving nominations: 03 September 2022
Last date for receiving nominations: 15th September 2022
Announcement of eligible nominations: 19th September 2022
Last date for withdrawal of nominations: 21th September 2022
Announcement of the final list of valid nominations: 22th September 2022
Online voting period: 23th. September 2022 (commencing at 10 AM) to 3rdOctober 2022 (concluding at 5pm)
Announcing Results: 7th Oct 2022