Dear ICS Members,
As per the Constitution of the Indian Chest Society, the elections to fill the posts falling vacant in the governing body for the period 2022-23, is due to be held soon. This is a notice for the information of the members that the following posts of the Governing Body are falling vacant:
1. President-Elect (for the term period 2022-2023 -1 Post
[Will automatically become President for the year2023-2024]
2. President for period 2022-23) -1 Post
3.Vice President (2022-2023) -1 Post
4.Hon.Secretary (2022-2025) -1 Post
5.Hon.Treasurer (2022-2025) -1 Post
6. Members for the Governing Body (for period 2022-2024) -3 Posts
7. Zonal Chairperson – North zone (for period 2022-2024 ) -1 Post
8.Zonal Chairperson – South zone (for period 2022-2024) -1 Post
9.Zonal Chairperson – East zone (for period 2022-2024) -1 Post
Nominations are therefore invited on the prescribed form (available on the ICS website*) from eligible Life Members of the Indian Chest Society, who are desirous of contesting. The nomination form should be filled in and digitally signed by the contestants; duly proposed and seconded by Life members of the society. Separate forms must be filled if a member decides to file nominations for multiple posts. The complete nomination forms should be submitted online before the stipulated time.
A contestant will be able to contest only for one post, and therefore has to withdraw from all except one valid nomination before the stipulated time for withdrawal, failing which the contestant will be disqualified from contesting this election.
The start date for receiving nominations is 10th July 2022.
*Nomination form should be filed online by visiting our website www.myicsorg.net.
The nomination fee is a non-refundable payment of Rs.5000/- (Rupees Five Thousand only) for each nomination. This could be paid online through ‘Payumoney’ link embedded in the nomination form available on Indian Chest Society website www.myicsorg.net. The voting process, if necessary, will be electronic (e-voting). The portal will be open for voting from 10th. August (commencing at 10 AM) to 20thAugust (concluding at 5pm)
ELIGIBILITY FOR CONTESTING FOR VARIOUS POSTS FALLING VACANT THIS YEAR IN THE GOVERNING BODY:
- Those desiring to contest for the posts of ‘President elect’ and President should have been elected members of the Governing Body for at least two tenures of office;
- Those contesting for the post of President Elect and President, should in addition have been awarded Fellowship of the Indian Chest Society.(FICS)
- Those contesting for the post of ‘Vice-President’ should have been elected members of the Governing Body for at least one tenure of office;
- Life members desiring to contest for the posts of Secretary, should have been elected members of the Governing Body for at least two tenures of office;
- Life members desiring to contest for the posts of Treasurer, should have been elected members of the Governing Body for at least two tenures of office;
- For all posts of the Governing Body, the contestants should have been members of the Society for at least five continuous years and should have attended at least 1 Annual General Body meeting in the preceding 3 Yrs;
- Those contesting for the post of ‘Zonal Chairperson’ should be domiciled in any of the states within the respective Zone throughout their tenure;
Re-election to posts: No member shall be eligible to seek Election / Selection :
- as President Elect and as a President for more than one tenure of one year;
- b.as Vice-President for more than two tenures of one year each;
- as a Governing Body member for more than two tenures of two years each;
- as Zonal Chairperson for more than two tenures of two years each.
- A person who has held the post of the President will not be eligible to contest in any subsequent elections for posts in the Governing Body.
Important Points to Note:
Only Life members enrolled till 30th June 2022 possessing proof of enrolment shall be
eligible to vote. Associate members cannot vote.
If you have not updated your essential information i.e. Email ID, Mobile number, and Current Address with postal code. Please do write to us on ‘email@example.com’ or call ‘0712-2429842’. This is essential to exercise your democratic right to participate in the ICS Elections 2022.
Please add the following Email ID firstname.lastname@example.org your contact list in order to receive User ID and Password in the primary inbox, without being filtered. The Election office is separate from the ICS Secretary’s office. For any election related queries, kindly contact the election officer at the email id below: